That’s right – Canon has announced the 7D along with a couple other new lenses. Amazing specs on it are here
Here’s a few shots from the Press Room:
Lots of specs, but most impressive to me:
- Spot AF mode reduces the size of a single AF point to focus on small subjects like an animal in a cage.
- AF Point Expansion mode uses a cluster of AF points adjacent to the selected AF point to automatically assist focusing on moving subjects, such as an athlete on the run.
- Zone AF divides the 19 AF points into five selectable focusing zones and makes it easier to achieve focus with subjects that are difficult to track with Single Point AF or AF point expansion, such as birds in flight.
- Fully manual exposure control on the video
- The built in flash has a speedlight transmitter for controlling EOS flashes like the 580 EX II that I just bought!
- Live view for both video and still frame work (per request in comments)
- AND THE PRICE: $1700 RETAIL! OH MY GOD! Definitely counting pennies now!
- You can also get it with a kit lens (the 28-135 is hardly “kit”) for only $200 more at $1900
- Retains the full frame sensor of its predecessor 5D series (per request in comments)
- Correction: This has TWO crop sensors: THIS IS NOT FULL FRAME
So, what do you think? Lots of pros, but is it a real step forward when the sensors are the APS-C sized ones? What do you think? Would you pay this price for another crop sensor camera? Sound off in the comments…