As most of you know, we took December and January off for the holidays. This hopefully gave everyone time to recharge, enjoy a little down time and just relax with family and friends for December and January. Well, it’s February and we are back in full force with the first contest of 2011. The sponsor for this month are the folks over at Nations Photo Lab. They really have ramped things up a notch for the new year, because this not only marks the first contest of the new year, it’s also the first contest where we will have not one but two winners!
That’s right, two people will be announced the winners for the February contest and giveaway! Each winner will receive a generous donation from Nations Photo Lab – a gift certificate worth $150 of free printing! That’s right, $150 of free printing from Nations Photo Lab! This prize is available to anyone, regardless of whether you are a current NPL customer or not. The theme for February, as chosen by our always talented Sue from the Flickr group (due to her win during the non-award winning off month submission) is the applicable theme of Love!
A couple new wrinkles that are being thrown in this time for such a huge contest…first off, all previous winners are usually ineligible for consideration in the month immediately following their winning entry – we are starting with a new year, so it’s also a clean slate, so everyone is eligible!!!
The second wrinkle (and probably the most exciting), is that for February only – every entrant will receive a $50 gift card to Nations Photo Lab – just for participating! That’s right, all you have to do is submit a qualifying entry in the Flickr contest thread for February to win a $50 gift card for printing on any product of your choice at Nations Photo Lab! * So, all that’s left to say are the criteria to qualify. It’s super easy:
- Make sure your image is theme-appropriate (and family friendly/work safe).
- Make sure I am able to download your image from Flickr. (See the explanation for how to make sure I can download it here.)
- Each image considered must be in the contest thread.
- Each person is entitled to submit one image for eligibility. Multiple entries will not be considered.
- Each image must conform to the standard guidelines in terms of dimensions (longest side must be no longer than 800 pixels or shorter than 600 pixels).
- All images must be taken after January 1st, 2011!
- Entrants retain full copyright and ownership of images, but allow me to display the image here on the website to display when winners are announced, and in the monthly newsletter.
- Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, February 27th, 2011.
- Last but not least, have fun with the images you capture!
Last but not least, you may be interested in how to get to, sign into and participate in the Flickr Contest thread!
Good luck to everyone and remember to have fun!
*ETA: In the interests of full disclosure, the $50 certificate is for new customers, so if you are already an NPL customer, feel free to enter your images as well, but the goal here is to not only encourage people to take pictures, but to print them, and to consider Nations Photo Lab as your lab of choice. I use NPL almost exclusively (except in rare cases where they don’t have what I need, like printing on aluminum) and highly recommend them. Here is your chance to sign up for an account for free and get up to $50 worth of printing just for participating in the contest.